Underdog Restaurant and Sports Club will join Alamo Drafthouse, Shell Shack, ZAAP Kitchen and other restaurants and retail at Creekside. The center also hosts Bahama Buck’s, Fito’s Taco de Trompo and Lake Highlands School of Music.
The athletic-themed eatery will be located in the outparcel near the intersection of Skillman Street and Abrams Road. Underdog will take both the Sugarfire Barbecue space and the adjacent former liquor store, leaving the recently-closed Fireside Pies space unoccupied. Although Underdog’s contract for 6,329 square feet was signed back in April, a lengthy quest to secure city permits delayed the start of construction.
The restauranteurs haven’t revealed details about their décor or their menu, but an employee answering phones at Underdogs Burgers and Brews in Flower Mound said the two are not related.
Until Underdog comes online, here are five neighborhood spots where you can catch the latest match:
- Jake’s Gameday has a location on Plano Road at Northwest Highway and another at Skillman Street at Walnut Hill. Both offer multiple big screen TVs and lots of burgers to choose from. They also serve nachos, wings, pizza and dessert. They offer specialty cocktails, wine and beer, including lots of options on tap.
- Lochland’s Irish Pub, also at Plano Road and Northwest Highway, features traditional Irish whiskey, hot toddies and cocktails along with a wide array of ciders, beer and wine. Their food menu includes fish & chips, shepherd’s pie and German schnitzel, but don’t sleep on the sticky toffee pudding for dessert.
- Vector Brewing in Lakeridge Village has TVs inside and on the big patio. All beer on tap is brewed behind the bar on their seven-barrel Deutsche brewhouse, including pilsners, lagers, IPAs, stouts and ciders. The food menu includes salads, pizza, sandwiches and desserts.
- Taco Joint, also in Lakeridge Village, boasts big screens in the ordering queue, in the bar and on the patio. They’re open for breakfast (and English Premier League matches), and feature tacos, burritos, enchiladas and salads. Beer, wine and margaritas are also available.
- Shady’s Burgers and Brewhaha, across Audelia from Taco Joint, has TVs on the patio, in the bar, heck, even in the reservable private room. Specialty cocktails include the Ruby Mule, the Strawberry Blonde and the Cucumber Gimlet, but local brews are the real attraction. Nachos, burgers, tacos and salads are menu mainstays.
No word yet on Underdog’s opening day.