The White Rock Lake Trail project is still underway, and as of the last White Rock Lake Task Force meeting, the project is on schedule to be completed by the end of July.
Here are a few updates on construction, provided by the project manager at the Dallas Park and Recreation Department:
- Concrete for the trail up to Sunset Inn Circle has been poured.
- The 120-foot bridge at Dixon Branch and the 60-foot bridge at Reinhart Branch have been installed, and the decks have been poured.
- The concrete parapet at the existing Heritage Bridge at Dixon Branch has been repaired.
- Demolition of the trail between Sunset Inn and Emerald Isle Drive is in progress.
- Concrete pour for the box culvert at Emerald Isle is in progress. The box culvert will be 16 feet long by 4 feet wide.
In the coming weeks, brush will be trimmed to allow for the trail and facilitate trail users. Also, a twin pipe culvert will be added to allow for drainage between Sunset Inn Circle and Emerald Isle.
Trail striping and the installation of water fountains will begin the week of July 11.
See photos and more information here.