Seven women will be honored at Texas Women’s Foundation’s Leadership Forum and Awards Celebration on Apr. 26.
The Maura Women Helping Women and Young Leader awards both celebrate leaders who have helped lift up women and girls.
“Our award recipients are amazing and inspiring, and we look forward to hearing their stories and celebrating them for their dedication to lifting up women and girls across Texas and beyond,” Bonnie Clinton, Leadership Forum and Awards Celebration co-chair, said in a press release.
Recipients for both awards have been announced. The following are Maura Women Helping Women Award recipients:
- Patricia Rodriguez Christian, CRC Group Inc.
- Arlene J. Ford, Equity Inquiry Project
- Thana Hickman-Simmons, Viola’s House
- Patricia “Pat” Jasso, Senior Planet/ Retired AT&T Manager
- Lynn McBee, Young Women’s Preparatory Network
The following women are recipients of the Young Leader Award:
- Stacy Johnson, Central Texas Table of Grace
- Sharareh (Sherri) Kermanshachi, University of Texas at Arlington
Radha Agrawal, author and co-founder of Thinx and LiveItUp, will be the keynote speaker for the evening. She wrote a book, Belong, and MTV named her one of “eight women who will change the world.”
This year’s theme is “you belong.”
This forum and awards reception will run from 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. on Apr. 26. Tickets are $430 for in-person admission and $43 for virtual admission and can be found at txwfleadership.org.
Sponsorships are also available. For more information, contact Ashley Lindsay at email@example.com or 214-525-5311.