It was a propane tank that caused the house fire last Friday on Club Meadows – you probably saw coverage on all the local news stations. The house was fully engulfed after the tank in the backyard spontaneously exploded.

It’s been one more hurdle for the Wenzel family – mom Diana has been fighting cancer. She spent much of the summer at M.D. Anderson and had just gotten back to Dallas to receive treatment here. She prefers to have the family close together. Her husband, Dan, and two sons and been supportive through her health crisis, she says. Everett will be a junior at Lake Highlands High School and Justus will be a sophomore.

A caring neighbor has set up a fund to help with medical bills. If you’d like to help, you can visit the website here.