Richardson ISD’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion department will host a virtual roundtable to highlight and celebrate six Black authors in the district.
Black Girl Dreaming: A Conversation with RISD Authors will take place Thursday, March 25 starting at 4:45 p.m. Attendees must RSVP in advance to receive an emailed Zoom link.
The event’s guest authors include:
- Ashlea Campbell, a doctoral candidate, educator and writer
- Dr. Shantuan Coleman Taylor, an author, professor, engineer, influencer, interior designer and inspiration behind Brown Girl Empire
- Kimberly Booker, author of “The Adventures of Hemo: ‘Hemo at Home‘”
- Dr. Ronnecia Rocio, an author and educator
- Eboni Udenze, author of “Wake up Wake up: It’s time for another day“
- Brandi Jackson, an RISD educator
Join us this Thursday evening for Black Girl Dreaming: A Conversation with RISD Authors! We are excited to showcase and learn from amazing writers taking the literary and academic worlds by storm from right here in @RichardsonISD! #EmbraceRISD 📚— RISD Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (@RISD_Equity) March 23, 2021
See our flyer below.⬇️ pic.twitter.com/o1aGUdZ3pa