Richardson ISD students learning virtually can now connect with a doctor or nurse practitioner from Children’s Health Medical Center via smartphone, tablet or computer.
Children’s Health recently expanded its School Telehealth at Home program to support students learning from home. RISD students enrolled in the district’s traditional telehealth program are concurrently enrolled in the Children’s Health program.
How it works:
- Download the Virtual Visit app
- Complete account enrollment
- Enter service key: Schools
- Call (844)-4TELEMED and select option ‘1’ to schedule an appointment. Visits can be scheduled between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Scheduler collects necessary information and sets up appointment with a provider
- Videoconference with a provider from a smartphone, tablet or computer
- The provider will call in prescriptions to a chosen pharmacy as necessary
- An after-visit summary will be provided to the parent
Children’s Health will collect and verify commercial insurance or Medicaid benefits. An invoice of no more than $50 will be sent to those without insurance.
For more information, view this FAQ.