The Dallas County Health and Human Services Department sprayed for mosquitos in different areas around Dallas where mosquitoes tested positive for West Nile Virus.
Zip codes 75243 and 75241 were sprayed Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
Here are some tips to protect you and your family from mosquitoes:
- Use insect repellant with one of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommended ingredients
- Dress in clothing that covers arms and legs
- Reapply insect repellant as directed
- Wear insect repellant over sunscreen
- Use screens on windows and doors, make sure to repair holes
- Use air conditioning
- Stop mosquitoes from laying eggs in water nearby, clean out items that hold water like tires, buckets, planters, toys, pools, birdbaths, flowerpots or trash containers