This Easter weekend, celebrate the holiday at one of Lake Highlands’ many churches. Here is just a few that are holding services, vigils and dinner.
- Episcopal Church of the Ascension begins its Easter celebration Thursday with a stripping of the altar and a prayer vigil. Good Friday services are at noon and 7:30 p.m. Saturday’s Easter vigil is slated at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday’s services are at 8 and 10:15 a.m.
- Lake Highlands Church is holding Good Friday services from 7-8:30 p.m. and Easter service from 10:45 a.m.
- Lake Highlands Presbyterian Church is hosting a Good Friday Seven Last Words Service Friday at noon.
- Enjoy a potluck breakfast with coffee and juice at North Highlands Bible Church‘s Easter Family Breakfast. The event is at 9 a.m. Get all the details here.
- Normandy Church‘s Good Friday Tenebrae service is Friday at 7 p.m.
- St. Patrick Catholic Church‘s Easter vigil is 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Learn more here.
And here’s a few other fun holiday-related events:
- Spend the holiday weekend at the Dallas Arboretum, where you’ll find plenty of Easter-themed activities, including an Egg-streme Scavenger Hunt and a special egg dying Egg-sperience by the Plant Lab. On Saturday, help the Arboretum as it tries to break the world record for the largest bunny hop.
- Doggies can hunt for handmade dog biscuits and play carnival games like doggie limbo and bobbing for tennis balls at Flag Pole Hill near White Rock Lake. There will be more than 400 handmade dog treats, dog toys and chews — plus pooch pics and a Ruff Raffle at this event.