- Do you fancy yourself a poet? Hone your talents at Half Price Books’ open mic night. Participants are required to bring 10 copies of one original poem. The event starts at 7 p.m.
- Take the kids to the Audelia Branch Library at 2 p.m. to see a film geared toward children ages 5 and older.
- Get your shavasana on at the Dallas Arboretum’s morning yoga. The members-only event starts at 7:30 a.m. at the DeGolyer Pergola.
Elsewhere in Dallas…
- Check out Four Day Weekend‘s zany improv at 9 p.m. Tickets cost $25, and the show is for everyone 18 years and older.
- Relive the 1980s at the Granada Theater. Cherry Bomb, a Joan Jett tribute band, takes the stage at 11 p.m.
- Bring the kids to the Nasher Sculpture Center for free admission and fun family programming from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.