The guys who opened Goodfriend are working on opening a “package store,” to be located in a laundromat that is across the street from their popular burger/craft beer wonderland. The store will sell beer and food to go, according to CraveDFW. The owners have hired Stephanie Roethlisberger, “well known in the industry for her extreme knowledge and passion for beer to oversee the project,” says Crave. Plus, once the store opens there will be plenty more parking for Goodfriend patrons in the shopping center across the street.
Chef Dean Fearing, the man behind the highly-acclaimed Fearing’s restaurant at the Ritz Carlton and the “Father of Southwestern Food,” will be at the Lincoln Park Barnes & Noble to sign copies of his book, “The Texas Food Bible,” April 29 at 7 p.m.
Bread Winners Cafe is offering some new summer salads to its lunch and dinner menu on a rotating basis. Prices are $10.99 at lunch/$12.99 for dinner. Descriptions are below:
- Monday – Southwest Turkey Chop: Turkey, cherry tomato, black beans, roasted corn salsa, jack cheese, tortilla strips and romaine tossed in chili cumin vinaigrette.
- Tuesday – Buffalo Chicken Salad: Carrot, celery, salad greens tossed in homemade blue cheese dressing topped with crispy Buffalo chicken tenders and blue cheese crumbles.
- Wednesday – Thai Chicken Chop: Jalapeno, pineapple, bell pepper, peanuts tossed in Thai coconut dressing topped with sweet chili glazed grilled chicken and crispy rice noodles.
- Thursday – Italian Wedge: Salami, grilled chicken, peppadew peppers, kalamata olives, mozzarella, cherry tomato tossed in Parmesan Italian dressing over romaine wedge. Served with Tuscan toast.
- Friday – Fresh Berry Salad (pictured) Spinach, salad greens, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries tossed in strawberry balsamic vinaigrette topped with grilled chicken, red onion and feta cheese.