There were two fire engines and another emergency vehicle, along with a slew of young acting students outside the Dallas Children’s Theater last night at about 6 when I pulled in to pick my daughter up from class. She told me “something was burning and they made us get out”. She’s a wealth of information, that girl.

I just learned that everything is OK at the recently remodeled theater. A heating unit overheated creating a burning smell. The students were evacuated, fire department called and the problem was fixed in short. No one was hurt and the building is not damaged, and all the kids behaved admirably throughtout the ordeal, according to Terry Feagin, the theater’s education coordinator.