Healing Hands Ministries, the non-profit agency founded by LH school nurse Janna Gardner to operate a medical and dental clinic in Lake Highlands for the uninsured and under-insured among us, held its first annual volunteer appreciation dinner recently. The event was sponsored by and held at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas.
Janna presented the following awards to doctors, dentists, nurses, and support staff who have given their time and talents to our community:
• Founders Award – Sarah Helfand, MD
• Founders Award – Martin Kresh, MD
• Good Neighbor Award – Hoot Gibson
• Volunteer Achievement Award – Jay Nutt, DDS
• Going the Distance Award – Kaipo Simpson
• Support Services Award – Susan Solomon
• 1st Year of Outstanding Service Award – Randall Wooley, MD
• Community Partnership Award – Elsa Phelan, Texas Health Presbyterian
• Outstanding Service Award – Ann Piper
• Community Service Award – Tim Bubel
• Volunteer of the Year Award – Cody Forte
• Named Annual Award for – Joy Phillips Fenner
• Joy Phillips Fenner Humanitarian Award – Reed Click, MD
Pictured are Edgar and Delia Beltran flanking Susan Solomon, who founded the Women’s Auxiliary to Healing Hands, a support arm of the clinic. You can get more info on joining the group or supporting Healing Hands by calling the office at 214- 221-0855.