Keller’s Burgers has been a Lake Highlands’ institution for over 50 years. The carhop serves old-fashioned burgers, including the No. 5 Special. The burger was recently ranked #66 of the “101 Best Burgers in America” by The Daily Meal.
“In order to compile our ranking of the 101 best burgers in America, we assembled a list of hundreds of beloved burgers from all across the country and compiled them into a survey,” The Daily Meal wrote. “We then asked a panel of noted writers, journalists, bloggers and culinary authorities from across the country to vote for their favorites, and these are the ones that came out on top.”
The No. 5 Special is two grilled patties of beef and a slice of American cheese melted between them. It’s topped with lettuce, tomato and a Thousand Island-like dressing.
Here are 5 other places to grab a great burger:
- Shady’s Burgers & Brewhaha, 9661 Audelia Road
- BrickHouse Burgers, 9090 Skillman St., #174A
- Jake’s Burgers & Beer, 6606 Skillman St.
- JG’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers, 12101 Greenville Ave., #109
- Burger Street, 9180 Skillman St.