It is our civic duty as journalists to encourage you to vote in local elections, even though we know that the City of Dallas’ voter turnout is low.
If you are concerned about streets, public parks and other city-related matters, here’s what you need to know the upcoming election.
When to vote
- Early voting is slated from April 22-30 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Election day is Saturday, May 4 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Where to vote
- For a map of countywide early voting locations, click here.
- Election Day voting locations can be found on the state website Am I Registered?
What to bring to the polls
- Voters must present a photo ID, which includes a Texas driver’s license, election verification card, U.S. military identification card and U.S. passport. A Texas personal identification card or a Texas handgun license also qualifies.
Who is running for election
- Mayoral candidates include Mike Ablon, Albert Black, Scott Griggs, Eric Johnson, Alyson Kennedy, Regina Montoya, Lynn McBee, Miguel Solis and Jason Villalba. Watch what many of the candidates have to say about Lake Highlands here.
- DeDe Alexander, current city councilman Adam McGough and Sirrano Keith Baldeo are vying for the District 10 seat, which encompasses most of Lake Highlands.
- Paula Blackmon, Tamara Brown, Sarah Lamb and Erin Moore are vying for the District 9 seat, which includes White Rock Lake.
Source: votetexas.gov powered by the secretary of state