Free samples from more than 20 local restaurants is an incentive to attend the Dallas Police Department Northeast Division‘s Volunteer Recognition/Taste of Northeast. The event, perhaps most importantly, is the chance to recognize the volunteers that contribute to the safety of Lake Highlands.
The Northeast Division is seeking nominations for volunteers in the following categories:
- Multi-Family Person of the Year: This volunteer must have participated in crime watch on his or her property in 2018, whether that’s an on-site or monthly meeting that Officer Bervin Smith organizes. They also must have contributed to a better quality of life for the property’s residents.
- Neighborhood Association of the Year: This neighborhood should have an active crime watch group that holds one meeting per year and actively recruits new members. They also must share trends with the neighborhood and ideally have an active VIP program.
- Volunteer of the Year: This person volunteers in the community and participates in Northeast Division events.
- VIP Group of the Year: This group must be active, in good standing and consistently expands their program. More than 50 percent of members have patrolled at least once in 2018.
- VIP Member of the Year: Member must be active, in good standing, patrolled at least 12 hours in 2018 and promotes the values of the VIP program.
Nominations are due Friday, April 5. Email them to email@example.com or deliver them to the Northeast Patrol Division, 9915 E. Northwest Highway. Label the nominations with “ATTN: Bervin Smith.”
The Volunteer Recognition is scheduled Thursday, April 25. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.