- Autumn at the Arboretum opens this weekend, with 90,000 pumpkins recreating scenes from Peter and Wendy in this year’s display, called “The Adventures in Neverland.” The Rory Meyers Children Garden also is celebrating its fifth birthday, complete with a first-come, first-serve birthday cake at the Dallas Arboretum.
- Stay local: North Texas Giving Day has arrived, with more than 1,400 charities accepting donations. Get all the details about the 18-hour giving bonanza here.
- Explore Dallas: Support Here’s Your Reminder Project and Friends of the Katy Trail at Happy Goat Yoga. Head to Reverchon Park at 9 a.m. The cost is $12-$44.
- Stay local: “Treasure Island Reimagined” opens at the Dallas Children’s Theater. Go on a high seas adventure with Long John Silver and other famous pirates. The show runs through Oct. 21, and tickets are between $23 and $28.
- Meet the author behind “Secret Dallas: A Guide to the Weird, Wonderful, and Obscure” at Half Price Books. Mark Stuertz will sign copies of his book from 1-3 p.m.