Last week we told you about Katie the swan of Sunset Bay whose life was in danger after she ostensibly swallowed a piece of plastic. Volunteers ushered the swan to the Rogers Wildlife Rehabilitation Center whose staff today reports that Katie is recovering and might even return to White Rock Lake soon: “Katie has been moved to an outdoor cage with her pool. Hopefully, after the final antibiotic shot, she’ll be able to go back to Sunset Bay this week if she’s eating on her own.”
A reminder: we also learned last week that the Rogers Wildlife Rehabilitation Center is under a great deal of financial strain and, without help, might close later this year. To learn more and donate, visit this fundraising page.