Thursday through Monday, take in the Lone Star Circus’ “Cirque Joyeux” at the Dallas Children’s Theater. See daredevils, jugglers, acrobats, clowns and animal performers. Shows are at various times throughout the week, and tickets range from $27-$45.
Those who can’t let go of Christmas just yet can head to St. Patrick’s Catholic Church for “Redemptoris Mater Christmas Concert” tonight, Wednesday, at 7 p.m.
Make some room for that New Year’s Eve champagne with a morning run. The annual Loop-the-Lake around White Rock Lake begins at 7 a.m. at The Lot, on the southwest side of White Rock Lake. It benefits Marathon Kids, an organization aimed at eliminating childhood obesity. Participation is free, and donations go to the nonprofit. Hang around afterward for food, drinks and door prizes. Their goal is to raise $20,000 with 400 participants this year.
Enjoy a spoof on the sword and sandal epics of ancient times with “The Final Adventure of Hercules,” a melodrama at Pocket Sandwich Theatre. The show runs Dec. 30-Feb. 17, and tickets are $25.
Beginning Jan. 1, check out the Bath House Cultural Center’s “A Celebration of Color,” where local and regional works have been assembled to express the power of color. The installation features paintings, sculpture, prints, electronic media and kinetic art, all by local artists, and is free.
New Year’s Eve parties range from raucous DJs to nights of Czech dancing. Here’s a slew of ways you can celebrate the holiday in Lake Highlands.
• Dave and Busters will have a finger food buffet for the kids along with sit-down meal options, plus plenty of game play. Get the details here.
• Truth Nightclub will present the music of Carl Thomas along with a champagne toast and party favors. Get details here.
• Heroes Lounge on Greenville will ring in the New Year with a slew of DJs playing music for dancing, along with giveaways like $1,000 in cash and a trip to Miami. Get the details here.
• Murphy’s Mansion on Whitehurst Drive offers a New Year’s Eve with three DJs. Get the details here.
• Sokol Dallas will have an American party with a Czech/Slovak twist. Expect a wide range of food, music and dancing, and get details here.
• Desta Lounge on Greenville will have DJ Teddy Flamingo and invites guests to dress to impress. Get details here.
• Lone Star Roadhouse will have music from The Coppertones and a free champagne toast at midnight, followed by a hearty breakfast buffet. Get details here.
• Maggiano’s Little Italy at NorthPark Center will celebrate the New Year by solving a murder. The “A Night of Murder and Mystery” dinner theater is $70, with more details available here.